Owner / President
Vanessa is a negotiation specialist. In fact, she is certified in conflict resolution, which tends to come in handy in real estate transactions these days! She holds a California real estate license and a Bachelor's degree from Penn State.
She fell in love with real estate when she bought her first house and decided to become an agent at a large real estate firm here in the East Bay. She became hooked on the fact that each new client, and each new property, presented a different experience.
Vanessa soon moved up the ranks to management, successfully running an office of agents and gaining connections within a corporate structure based far, far away from the East Bay.
She didn’t get hooked on that.
So in 2007, when one of Red Oak’s owners called with an offer to run their intensely local company, she was in. She took an ownership stake in the business and the rest, really, is about what got her hooked on real estate in the first place: properties and people in the East Bay.
Vanessa resides in Oakland’s Upper Rockridge
neighborhood with her husband and two young children.
Vanessa has been a featured speaker at:
- Inman Real Estate Connect, NY and SF, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Inman Luxury Connect, 2015
- California Association of Realtors Conference, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- California Association of Realtor's Women's Initiative 2017
- Leverage Global Partner's Navigate National Conference 2016
- AFIRE Conference 2015, 2016 and 2017
- National Association of Realtor's Broker Summit 2016
- National Association of Realtors Conference, 2013 and 2014
- Who's Who in Luxury National Conference 2013
She is a prominent player in national real estate organizations, such as:
- One of 2015's 101 Most Influential People in Real Estate by Inman News Group.
- One of 2015/16's top Social Influencers on social media platorms by Swanepoel Power 200.
- She is a member of CAR's Strategic Planning Committee
- Red Oak has been nominated at Inman Real Estate Connect 2013 as Most Innovative Brokerage.